For a mother her new born child is the most priceless treasure she can have in her hands, and the moment that time arrives when she holds her new born baby the world for her totally changes. Just like every other expecting mom, are you wondering how your newborn baby will look like? Well, the baby may not look exactly as you expected her to be soon after birth as the baby has just descended from your womb and will definitely take a couple of days to look like the baby you dreamed of.
There are few things which you may see in your new born child which may look weird to you but don’t be alarmed or surprised if your baby has pink skin, elongated head, puffy eyelids or a distended nose as the newborn has spent over 12 hours in the birth canal, and it needs some time to straighten up and. So mommies, here are the answers to all your questions about your baby’s looks! But at the end the looks would surely change with time. You would be able to accept the change within few days as first like any other person your child would look strange to you, but everybody goes through this transuition time when things start changing in their environment after being new parents.
[ WORTH READ: 20 SUPER AMAZING PREGNANCY TIPS THAT YOU SHOULD FOLLOW ]
But just have one thing clear that the physical changes of your child would be for sure without any doubt and if there are any complications you can always take advice from your padetrician. Your child is your life to understanding him or her with the changes is vital of being a parent, just don’t be scared love them as the more you love the more they become happy and healthy.
Initial Looks Of A Newborn
Don’t get alarmed if your baby looks like a tiny ET soon after birth.
- Newborns will generally have a big head,
- a very short neck or no neck,
- short limbs and
- a big distended nose because they have spent an average of 10-12 hours squeezing through the birth canal and also spent a long time crammed up in your womb.
- While babies born through natural delivery can have a slightly pointed head, babies born by C-section generally have rounded heads and that’s because the heads don’t have to squeeze out through the birth canal.
- The baby’s skull may also have a few soft spots known as fontanels and these spots help in compressing the head while moving out of the birth canal. These fontanels are completely normal and will get harder in a few months. It usually takes about 4 months for the rear frontanelle to close where as the front frontanelle can take anywhere between 9-18 months to close.
- Apart from the head, the baby’s genitals can also appear bigger or swollen due to the extra hormones, it has received from the mother just before birth.
- The eyes and face can also look somewhat swollen or puffy for a couple of days.
- The lips will be pink and the hands and feet have a bluish tinge during the first few hours after birth.
Some of the important points which can help you to understand the look of your new born are as follows,
[ WORTH READ: TOP 7 REASONS WHY IT IS SAFE TO EAT MANGOES DURING PREGNANCY ]
- During delivery the head bone takes a longitude she so that it can easily come out from the vaginal open, so this is the main reason that new born babies have a sort of long heads which looks very weird. But with time and growth it takes the normal shape when the bones again regenerate to the new form
- Another reason for such a shape of head is during labor the pressure which a mother gives for delivery swells the baby’s head like the pressure from the pelvic or viginal motuh, so after a new born is born with a day the swelling goes and the head would take a normal shape again.